Graydon Hall Manor is now open! We are working hard to keep our guests safe.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
At Graydon Hall Manor the safety of our clients, guests and staff is our greatest priority. As such, Graydon Hall Manor has taken enhanced health and safety measures and adopted a comprehensive 6 step approach:
- Active Monitoring and screening prior to accessing the venue
- All staff must fill out a questionnaire (recent illness, travel, etc.) prior to every shift;
- Temperature checks on all staff entering the facility daily
- Staff are required to wash hands upon entering the venue
- Actively encourage social distancing and PPE
- All staff and guests must wear a mask while indoors;
- All staff and guests that are not part of the same social bubble/household must follow physical distancing guidelines
- Density & spatial distancing protocols:
- Maintain 6ft distancing rule;
- Use of markers on floors to indicate directional flow, waiting spots, etc.
- Adjusted seating plans: Guests not part of the same household or social bubble must practice physical distancing guidelines
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols
- Detailed cleaning schedule which includes multiple daily cleanings, weekly deep cleaning
- Encourage/promote frequent hand-washing
- Updated food and beverage offerings and reduced contact food service:
- Keep doors and windows open when possible
- No buffet service
- No physical bar or self-serve beverages
- Single-serve portions, served directly to each guest is required
- No condiments, bread baskets, or menus will be left on dinner tables
- Tables will not be pre-set; utensils must be rolled or pre-packaged
- Communication transparency:
- Signage promoting hand washing and physical distancing are located throughout establishment
- Disclosure of statistics e.g. recently ill employees/guests who have been in the venue; ill or recently exposed individuals should declare and stay home
- Educated staff and guests about “Social Contract”: it is understood that we are all in this together, and that the behavior of the guests should be commensurate with the behavior of the venue.
As advised by the Chief Medical Officer and public health officials physical distancing is required to control the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Events will therefore have to take special precautions not taken before. GHM requires that an email be sent to all guests asking the following questions:
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who is sick or has COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a sore throat or trouble swallowing?
- Do you have a runny nose?
- Have you had a loss of taste or smell?
- Are you feeling unwell?
- Do you have nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, you must go home and self isolate for 14 days. Call your healthcare provider to find out if you need a test.
Additionally, you will be required to provide your host with contact information (telephone number or email address per household) in the event contact tracing is required.
Finally, as the format of events has changed over the past several months it is important that all guests understand the Ontario Regulations 364/20.
- Masks must be worn by all staff and guests indoors under City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020
- Guests who are not seated at a table are required to wear a mask (indoors or out)
- Rules for Stage 3 can be found at https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r20364
- Outdoor events are limited to a guest attendance of 100
- Indoor events are limited to a guest attendance of 50
- Guests that are not part of the same household must follow physical distancing guidelines and stay 6’ apart
- Food and beverage may only be served to guests who are seated
- Access to indoor facilities is limited to terrace/outdoor dining area access, food pickup, washrooms or other health and safety purposes
- In lieu of dancing games or acoustic musical entertainment is recommended
Health measures such as wearing face coverings, hand washing and physical distancing remain key to ensuring that Ontarians can stay safe. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Graydon Hall Manor is a boutique venue, established to produce sophisticated events with an uncompromising attention to detail.
Available only for special events, Graydon Hall Manor is open for corporate meetings, high tea, lunch service, or dinner service for 50-180 guests or cocktail receptions for up to 300 guests.
For an unequalled setting, consider our 160 foot-long stone terrace that over looks flowing fountains and formal gardens. The terrace can be reserved with or without our custom-made clear span canopy, and seats up to 250 guests.
Our in-house Event Managers are at your service to discuss all your catering requirements, whether you wish to order from our a la carte menu or let Chef Arpi Magyar create a unique menu for you.
Contact: 416 449 5432 or [email protected]